Sean is broadcasting live from Iowa this week, and was shocked at the new "food on a stick" listings for 2011:
New foods this year offer even more tasty options to Fairgoers and add to the over 50 kinds of food on a stick available at the Fair.
- Fried Butter on a Stick – The ultimate Butter Cow tribute, butter dipped in a honey flavored batter and fried golden brown on a stick. Fyfe Concessions located on north side of the Triangle.
- Chocolate Covered Fried Ice Cream on a Stick – Oasis Concessions located at the Pioneer Livestock Pavilion.
- Peanut Butter and Jelly on a Stick – A tasty skewered version of this childhood favorite. The Salad Bowl located in the upper balcony of John Deere Agriculture Building.
- Fried Cheesecake on a Stick – Located at the Wonderbar Stand southwest of the Riley Stage.
- BBQ Ribs at The Rib Shack – A new Fair food concession. The Rib Shack located on the north side of Walnut Square.
- Chicken Philly Sandwich – Grilled chicken breast, with chopped onions and bell peppers topped with Monterey Jack cheese on a hoagie bun. The Best Around located on the south side of the sidewalk at the Triangle, the southeast corner of the Horse Barn, and south of the Des Moines Register Service Center.
- Red Velvet Funnel Cake – A chocolate-flavored version of a Fair favorite, complete with a cream cheese glaze. The Best Around located at the Triangle.
- Shrimp Fries – Located at the Po-Boy Stand on Rock Island Avenue.
- Chocolate Lava Bites – Located at the Po-Boy Stand on Rock Island Avenue.