Crazy Uncle Joe was at it again yesterday. One has to wonder how out of touch he really has to be to make this statement:
“[The American people are] no longer traumatized by what was a traumatizing event, the great collapse in 2008. They're no longer worried, I think, about our economy being overwhelmed either by Europe writ large, the EU, or China somehow swallowing up every bit of innovation that exists in the world. They're no longer, I think, worried about our -- our economy being overwhelmed beyond our shores, but -- and I don't think there are any more -- there's no -- there's very little doubt in any circles out there about America's ability to be in position to lead the world in the 21st century.”
Maybe in Washington, they believe they have led a solid recovery. The rest of us here in America beg to differ. Shall we run down the list of reasons why Joe Biden is clueless?
- 8 million fewer Americans are working today than when Barack Obama took office
- Average American wealth has declined 22% over the last five years
- Median household income has declined since the recession officially ended
- We are spending $1 trillion more every year than we take in, a burden to be paid by your children
- Employees are being laid off or hours are being cut, thanks to ObamaCare regulations
- Business regulations are stifling growth and sapping an estimated $1.75 trillion each year in compliance costs from our economy
- We may be the first generation to leave our children worse off for the next generation
Productive Americans are still hurting, arguably more so in the Obama so-called “recovery” than the recession itself. Only those in Washington or those Americans with no skin in the game think that we are clocking along marvelously.