It's that time of year! Republican Senator Tom Coburn of Oklahoma has released his fourth annual Wastebook, highlighting outrageous government spending by our federal government.
The Wastebook has 100 examples of government waste, costing the taxpayers over $30 billion a year.
Some of the more outrageous examples include:
- Almost $1 million for The Popular Romance Project to promote romance novels.
- Over $250,000 for the National Science Foundation to study “attitudes toward the Senate filibuster among the American public.”
- NASA spent $360,000 for people to “lie around and do nothing” for a study on weightlessness in space.
- The National Institutes for Health spent $335,500 to conduct a study which discovered that wives would find marriage more satisfying if they could calm down faster during arguments with their husbands.
- We spent almost $2 million on life coaching for the Senate staff.
There is an endless supply of outrageous examples of how government wastes your hard-earned tax dollars.