Moderator Lester Holt is getting mixed reviews for his performance at Monday's presidential debate. While some are praising Holt as having been even-handed, critics have noted that the questions he asked--or didn't ask--seemed to favor former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
Specifically, Holt pressed Donald Trump on a number of tough issues including his unreleased tax returns. However, Holt failed to hold Hillary Clinton to account for any of the significant issues surrounding her scandal-plagued campaign, including the Clinton foundation's pay-to-play accusations and her cozy relationship with Wall Street investment banks.
Trump himself noted Holt's inconsistency:
Following the debate, the RNC put together a list of the 10 most important issues Hillary Clinton was NOT asked about at Monday's debate:
1. The 5 Aides Given Immunity By The FBI Or Her Reckless Secret Server
2. The Multiple False Statements About How Her “Extremely Careless” Actions Endangered Our National Security
3. Her “Basket Of Deplorables” Insult Toward Millions of Americans
4. Clinton Foundation Pay To Play Accusations
5. Her Failures And Lies On The Attacks In Benghazi
6. Her Support For Obamacare
7. Her Deep Support From And Ties To Wall Street
8. Veterans Affairs Scandal She Arrogantly Called “Not Widespread”
9. Her Comments About Wanting To Put The Coal Industry Out Of Work
10. Her Deception And Lack Of Transparency On Her Health