President Donald Trump slammed the 9th circuit court of appeals on Wednesday morning, blasting the court’s decision to block yet another of the President’s executive orders; this time his administration’s move to block funding grants to ‘sanctuary cities’ and towns that refuse to comply with federal immigration guidelines.

This is the second time the 9th circuit has struck down President Trump’s executive orders. The circuit also ruled against the administration’s travel ‘ban’ earlier this year.

Tuesday’s court decision claimed several cities in California -such as San Francisco- would be ‘irreparably harmed’ if the federal government were to withhold grants from the city.

US District Judge William Orrick issued the initial injunction after two lawsuits were brought against the administration by San Francisco and Santa Clara County.

"Federal funding that bears no meaningful relationship to immigration enforcement cannot be threatened merely because a jurisdiction chooses an immigration enforcement strategy of which the president disapproves," the judge said.

The Trump administration plans to fight the ruling and is prepared to take the case all the way to the Supreme Court.

"The idea that an agency can't put in some reasonable restriction on how some of these moneys are spent is something that will be overturned eventually, and we will win at the Supreme Court level at some point," said White House chief of staff Reince Priebus.