Juan Williams and Stuart Varney
Stuart Varney and Juan Williams joined Sean to analyze Rick Santorum’s campaign and particularly the controversies surrounding Senator Rick Santorum’s campaign. “Let’s go into the issue of what Rick Santorum said that some are interpreting as an attack on Barack Obama’s Christianity,” began Hannity, “Where has he said that Barack Obama isn’t a Christian.” “To say that the way this man [President Obama] governs is reflective of a theology not based in the Bible is to suggest that he’s some kind of Machiavellian approach,” offered Williams, “This plays to the most base antagonistic fears that he’s not a Christian and I find this a big turn off.” “I think Senator Santorum is looking at the environmental movement as a pseudo religious movement and that’s what he’s going against,” countered Varney, “He’s setting aside the secular humanism that&rsqu o;s ripe in our society.” The good news for Senator Santorum is that, it seems, this controversy hasn’t impacted his ability to make headway. In the last CNN/Time poll, the Senator is all tied up in Arizona. To read more on this story, click here.
The Love Connection host, Chuck Woolery, joined Sean to share his new website RestartCongress.org. “This is someone who navigated through the waters of Hollywood and didn’t come out a liberal,” began Sean, “When you expressed your political views, how were they received.” “We started RestartCongress.org to educate the public on why the Congressmen should term limit themselves,” explained Woolery, “I believe a lot of the problems in the United States Government lies in the feet of a corrupt government.” Woolery continued, “We’ve found that 80% of Americans are for term limits and the other 20% I think work for the government.” “This is one issue I vacillate back and forth on,” explained Hannity, “I think this may be one bad idea whose time has come. “It’s gotten so bad that I think I’m with you,” acknowledged Hannity, “I think we need really bold change.” To read more on this debate and the pros and cons of such a bold policy change, visit RestartCongress.org.
Former Senator and Presidential candidate Fred Thompson joined Sean to update his goings on. “Isn’t it amazing how all bets are off,” laughed Sean, “Isn’t this a different process than the one you faced in 2008?” “Yeah it is,” answered Thompson frankly,” First I think more people can run for longer periods of time because of the money and secondly there is a real concern in the country on what’s going on and the people are more demanding of their would-be leaders than ever before.” Thompson continued, “People aren’t just taking direction from the establishment but rather doing their own thing.” It does seem the battles will fight on for a while but many Republicans hope the results will make for a stronger candidate in November. That remains to be seen.
Stuart Varney is a conservative British-American economic journalist, currently working for the Fox News Channel and the Fox Business Network in the United States. Varney joined Fox News in January 2004 as a business contributor on many shows, such as Your World with Neil Cavuto. Varney will also occasionally serve as guest host for Your World and the shows on the Cost of Freedom business block.
Williams regularly appears on major radio and television programs, notably National Public Radio and the Fox News Channel. He also writes for leading newspapers including The Washington Post, The New York Times, and The Wall Street Journal, and has been published in magazines including The Atlantic Monthly and Time.
Fred Dalton Thompson (born Freddie Dalton Thompson on August 19, 1942), is an American politician, actor, attorney, lobbyist, columnist, and radio host. He served as a Republican U.S. Senator from Tennessee from 1994 through 2003. Thompson served as chairman of the International Security Advisory Board at the United States Department of State, was a member of the U.S.-China Economic and Security Review Commission, a member of the Council on Foreign Relations, and is a Visiting Fellow with the American Enterprise Institute, specializing in national security and intelligence. As an actor, Thompson has appeared in a large number of movies and television shows. He has frequently portrayed governmental figures. In the final months of his U.S. Senate term in 2002, Thompson joined the cast of the long-running NBC television series Law & Order, playing Manhattan District Attorney Arthur Branch. In May 2007 he took a break from acting in order to run for the 2008 Republican... More >