SHOCK IN VEGAS: Death Toll Jumps to 58 as Police Search for Answers

posted by Hannity Staff - 11.23.17

The staggering loss of human life following Sunday night’s mass shooting in Las Vegas continues to rise, with law enforcement now confirming at least 58 individuals lost their lives and over 500 were seriously injured when a lone gunman turned a country music festival into a killing field.

According to Fox News, the 64-year-old suspect identified as Stephen Paddock opened fire from the 32nd story of the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino on the famed Las Vegas strip, murdering scores and injuring hundreds who attended the Route 91 Harvest Festival.

Despite earlier claims of responsibility from ISIS –which stated Paddock had converted to Islam without providing any evidence- law enforcement says there appears to be no link between the suspect and any international terror organizations.

Police are desperately searching for clues as to why Paddock, who recently purchased a home, would go on to commit the deadliest mass shooting in American history. Federal investigators believe the shooter’s motives were premeditated, as Paddock drove nearly 90 minutes from his home with the weapons used during the atrocity.

Investigators believe the suspect intentionally chose the Mandalay Bay Hotel –and that specific room location- because of the vantage point overlooking the crowded music festival. Paddock had been staying in that room since September 28th.

President Trump addressed the nation earlier Monday, sending his thoughts and prayers to the victims and their families.

“To the families of the victims, we are praying for you and we are here for you. We ask God to help see you through this very dark period,” said Trump. “To the wounded who are now recovering in hospitals, we are praying for your full and speedy recovery, and pledge to you our support from this day forward.”