The publicist for Hollywood celebrity and liberal activist Kevin Spacey announced Thursday the Oscar-winner is privately “seeking treatment” as more and more sexual harassment accusations swirl around the A-list actor.
The New York Times reports that a growing number of individuals have come forward, alleging Spacey acted “inappropriately” towards them for years. The accusations come just days after theater actor Anthony Rapp claimed Spacey made unwatned sexual advances towards him when he was just 14-years-old.
“Kevin Spacey is taking the time necessary to seek evaluation and treatment. No other information is available at this time,” said a statement from the publicist.
Former employees of ‘The Old Vic Theater’ in London –where Spacey has been an artistic director for over ten years- claim the theater’s management was aware of the actor’s antics, but chose to turn a blind eye.
“We were all involved in keeping it quiet,” a former employee told The Guardian. “I witnessed him groping men many times in all sorts of different situations.”
Spacey released a statement on social media last week after Rapp came forward, claiming he didn’t “remember” the incident but apologized regardless.