The Trump administration announced Wednesday its decision to release previously unseen documents relating to the “Fast and Furious” gun scandal that embroiled former Attorney General Eric Holder’s Department of Justice; confirming the records will be disclosed in days.

The sensitive material -which is set to be released to the House Intelligence Committee- had been previously withheld by Holder and former President Barack Obama, who used “executive privilege” to conceal the documents from the American people.

“The Department of Justice under my watch is committed to transparency and the rule of law. This settlement agreement is an important step to make sure that the public finally receives all the facts related to Operation Fast and Furious,” said Attorney General Jeff Sessions.

“We need to find out the truth, exactly what happened, how it happened, why it happened. We need Mr. Trump, President Trump, to unseal the documents, reverse executive privilege so that we know what happened, and that we can hold the people accountable that are responsible,” said the brother of a murdered Border Patrol Agent.

Operation Fast and Furious was a covert mission ran by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (ATF) that allowed Arizona gun store owners to knowingly sell weapons to members of Mexican drug cartels in the hopes of tracking the firearms back to Mexico.

Thousands of guns went missing, with some showing up at crime scenes across the border.